What Commercial Property Insurance Usually Covers
- Company Buildings. This covers the repair of the structure and will sometimes include installed fixtures and machinery.
- Contents of Buildings. This normally includes things that can be easily removed such as inventory, office equipment and supplies.
- Other Property. This includes items that are left by someone else in your care or control.
Did You Know?
Most commercial property policies do not include flood damage and must be added separately.
What Commercial Property Insurance Usually Does Not Cover
- Money and securities, accounts, bills and food stamps.
- Vehicles, aircraft or watercraft (with some exceptions).
- Flood Damage.
- Earthquake Damage.
- Animals other than stock.
- Land, piers, wharves or docks.
- Crops, grain or hay located outside.
- The cost of excavations, grading or backfilling.